A year ago this month, Forest Park Forever was pleased to welcome to the Park a pair of documentary filmmakers who were traveling the country, recording stories with people who plant, care for and learn about trees.
This mother-daughter team is creating a library of short vignettes that are featured online as companion pieces to "The Truth About Trees," the first full-length documentary film series to explore "the indispensable role of trees for all life on Earth." The series, from filmmaker Ross Spears (of "Appalachia"), is slated for release in 2015.
While the project is still in development, you can view the segment on FPF President and Executive Director Lesley Hoffarth now, whether below or on the project's website. Also available are wonderful interviews of friends and partners here in the St. Louis region (links below). Joined by our incredible partners at the City of St. Louis, we are honored to be part of such a great community that values what trees provide our world.
- Direct link for Lesley's interview
- Interview with George Yatskievych, Curator of the Flora of Missouri project at the Missouri Botanical Garden
- Interview with Donna Coble, Executive Director of Forest ReLeaf
- Interview with Michael Walsh, Forestry Programs Manager of Forest ReLeaf
- Interview with Felicia Pulliam, former Development Coordinator for Kinloch, Mo., the first African-American community west of the Mississippi
- Interview with Mark Grueber, Urban and Community Forester at the Missouri Department of Conservation