The island in the center of Pagoda Lake was the site of the Park’s first bandstand from 1876, also called the music pagoda. The original pagoda was deemed unsafe and closed in 1911. It was damaged beyond repair by storm, the wreckage burned and was torn down around 1912. It was replaced by the Nathan Frank Bandstand in 1925. Donated by Nathan Frank, the bandstand was designed by Heffensteller, Hirsch and Watson. Pagoda Circle was restored as part of the Forest Park master plan. The landscape, designed by the firm of Oehme van Sweden, was planted by volunteers from the Flora Conservancy.
Our Mission: To restore, maintain and sustain Forest Park as one of America’s great urban public parks, for the enjoyment of all ~ now and forever.