Forest Park a big, wonderful place. We'll help you get around.
MARCH 2015 VISITOR NOTE: As Forest Park gets more crowded with our beautiful weather, we encourage you to not enter and exit at Hampton Ave., which is often very crowded. Instead, use an alternate Park entrance, such as Lagoon/Forsyth at Skinker, DeBaliviere at Lindell or West Pine at Kingshighway. Biking into the Park or taking MetroLink is also very recommended.
The Forest Park Trolley
The Metro Forest Park Trolley will officially return to Forest Park on Friday, May 1, giving individuals visiting Forest Park a convenient method of navigating the Park, in addition to assisting to alleviate Park congestion.
- May 1 through September 27
- Daily between 9 a.m. and 7 p.m.
- Service every 20 - 30 minutes
- Adults: $2
- Children (ages 5 - 12): $1
- Children 4 and under ride free
- Free: seniors and disabled passengers, and children ages 4 and under
- One-Day Trolley tickets can be purchased onboard the Trolley (exact change required), at Perk Café inside the Dennis & Judith Jones Visitor and Education Center, and at the Planetarium Ticket Station at the Saint Louis Science Center.
Each Trolley ticket allows unlimited on & off privileges for the day the fare is purchased.
Dennis & Judith Visitor and Education Center
If it's your first time in Forest Park, consider stopping by the Visitor Center, where you can find helpful volunteers, information, maps and more. Here's the Visitor Center's address on Google Maps.
Park 'N Ride Directions With Mobile Apps (with GPS on)
Below are links to two free Forest Park parking lots that may be the best options for your time here in the Park. The links will automatically open on your phone's Google Maps or Apple Maps app.
Forest Park Entrance Options
In an effort to alleviate traffic build-ups and congestion at Hampton Ave on great weather days, Park users should look to use one of Forest Park's additional nine entrances. Please find further information on the access points of Forest Park below.
Entering Forest Park from the North:
Entering Forest Park from the East: