Forest Park Safety & Security
Forest Park: A Safe & Welcoming Destination
Welcome to Forest Park. We invite you and your family to enjoy Forest Park daily from 6:00 a.m.-10:00 p.m.
Since it has been beautifully restored through a partnership between our organization and the City of St. Louis, Forest Park has become an incomparable destination for more than 13 million visitors each year. For visitors of every background and interest, Forest Park is welcoming, safe and accessible.
The St. Louis Police Department takes Park safety very seriously. Beginning in 2014, there has been an overall increased Police presence in the Park, more patrols and greater coordination between all the Park institutions when it comes to ensuring a safe visitor experience. These efforts continue strongly into 2015.
To help provide you with the best possible time in Forest Park, we have gathered a few tips and numbers for you to keep in mind:
- Prior to your arrival by car, store valuables and personal belongs out of sight, like in your trunk. Be mindful to stash loose auxiliary or charging cords, as they might allude to valuables in your vehicle.
- If you see any suspicious behavior in the Park, report it to the Police by calling 911. They will take your call quickly and handle it in the appropriate manner.
- If you are in an emergency situation, look for the nearest light pole. The recently installed light pole address marker system means that a 911 operator will be able to locate you even if you are not quite sure of your location.
- Consider storing valuables in lockers in the Dennis & Judith Jones Visitor and Education Center. You can learn more about these lockers here.
- For morning Forest Park users, park in the convenient Visitor Center lots. Park Rangers, Mounted Police officers and St. Louis Police officers monitor the whole of Forest Park daily. During the early and mid mornings, when the Park is used by many runners and cyclists, there is a special monitoring focus on the parking lots just south of the Dennis & Judith Jones Visitor and Education Center. We encourage all early morning Park users to use this convenient option.
If you have questions, please call the Park Rangers at 314.289.5350 or the Mounted Police Horse Stables at 314.444.1290. If your question is related to Forest Park Forever, you can email us today.
Thank you for keeping these tips in mind. Please enjoy your time in Forest Park.