Thank you for visiting this page for construction updates in Forest Park.
Renovations to Forest Park's Central Fields | June 6, 2017
Central Fields will be closed while major renovations take place on this 29-acre area from June 2017-summer 2018. This project originates in the 1995 Forest Park Master Plan, the document that continues to guide the Park’s significant restoration efforts.
Project highlights include:
- Four top-quality soccer fields
- Three full-sized rugby fields
- New facilities to improve the visitor experience, including two restroom facilities, a pavilion and a concession stand
- New spaces for visitors to meet and gather
- Re-grading and soil improvements for better drainage
- Irrigated fields to maintain quality turf
- New trails, which will now connect Central Fields to Steinberg Rink and the Jewel Box
- Street improvements and better pedestrian access
- New bike racks that can house up to 36 bikes
- New trees and attractive new landscaping
Trail Access in John F. Kennedy Forest | January 31, 2016
For approximately two weeks, a small section of the trail within John F. Kennedy Forest will be closed while a Park improvement project is completed. Forest Park Forever and the City of St. Louis, in tandem with the Kennedy Woods Advisory Group, are repairing a seasonal wetland/vernal pond, fixing existing erosion issues, helping prevent future erosion, supporting and enhancing the forest habitat by creating natural microhabitats within natural features and providing a visual example of a natural Missouri stream or drainage way.
Forest Park Parkway Closure| December 1, 2016
The construction to create a more “traditional intersection” at Forest Park Parkway (FPP) and Kingshighway Blvd. is part of a campus renewal project encompassing Barnes-Jewish Hospital, St. Louis Children's Hospital and Washington University School of Medicine. The new intersection will allow for safer pedestrian navigation and improved access to the medical center, the Central West End and Forest Park. The $10-million project is funded through a federal grant and funds from BJC and the Washington University School of Medicine.
Street Closures During Construction
Beginning Monday, December 5, 2016, a section of FPP will close for this year-long construction project. Closure locations:
- East-bound traffic on FPP will have a soft closure at Skinker. Traffic will be detoured north and south on Skinker. Local traffic only east of Skinker.
- East-bound traffic on FPP will have a hard closure at Des Peres Avenue. All traffic will be directed to turn left/north onto Des Peres. Neighborhood-only traffic.
- West-bound traffic on FPP will have a hard closure at Euclid Avenue, with access to Kingshighway Blvd.
Suggested Access to Forest Park During Construction
If you are visiting Forest Park from this direction during construction, we suggest the following:
- From Skinker Blvd.: Enter at Lagoon Drive/Forsyth.
- From Delmar Blvd.: Enter at DeBaliviere Blvd. or Union Blvd.
- From Kingshighway Blvd.: Enter at West Pine Blvd. and Grand Drive.
For more information, please visit this website.