Thank you for visiting this page for construction updates in Forest Park.
Repaving of Grand & Lagoon Drives | July 12, 2017
- Crews will work overnight, 6:00 p.m.-6:00 a.m., over the next several days to complete this work.
- NO PARKING signs along Lagoon & Grand Drives are posted. No Parking will be enforced from 6:00 p.m.-6:00 a.m.
- Parking along Lagoon & Grand will be allowed during daytime hours.
- While the milling process is occurring, streets will remain open to two-way vehicle traffic. Please use caution while traveling in the work zone, watch for workers and equipment.
- Crews are working with Probstein Golf Course to facilitate access during the project.
- Crews will NOT work on Friday night, July 14 or Saturday night, July 15.
- Crews will resume overnight work on Sunday night, July 16.
- During the hours of 6:00 p.m.-6:00 a.m. each day the repaving process is occurring next week, vehicle traffic on Lagoon/Grand in the work zone area will be limited to one-way egress (out of Park) only. This will facilitate Muny traffic leaving the Park at the end of the performance.
- Repaving will likely wrap up Thursday night, July 20. Progress will be evaluated each day and the completion date may change based on weather and other factors. Updates will be provided should the anticipated completion date change.
Renovations to Forest Park's Central Fields | June 6, 2017
Central Fields will be closed while major renovations take place on this 29-acre area from June 2017-summer 2018. This project originates in the 1995 Forest Park Master Plan, the document that continues to guide the Park’s significant restoration efforts.
Project highlights include:
- Four top-quality soccer fields
- Three full-sized rugby fields
- New facilities to improve the visitor experience, including two restroom facilities, a pavilion and a concession stand
- New spaces for visitors to meet and gather
- Re-grading and soil improvements for better drainage
- Irrigated fields to maintain quality turf
- New trails, which will now connect Central Fields to Steinberg Rink and the Jewel Box
- Street improvements and better pedestrian access
- New bike racks that can house up to 36 bikes
- New trees and attractive new landscaping
Forest Park Parkway Closure| December 1, 2016
The construction to create a more “traditional intersection” at Forest Park Parkway (FPP) and Kingshighway Blvd. is part of a campus renewal project encompassing Barnes-Jewish Hospital, St. Louis Children's Hospital and Washington University School of Medicine. The new intersection will allow for safer pedestrian navigation and improved access to the medical center, the Central West End and Forest Park. The $10-million project is funded through a federal grant and funds from BJC and the Washington University School of Medicine.
Street Closures During Construction
Beginning Monday, December 5, 2016, a section of FPP will close for this year-long construction project. Closure locations:
- East-bound traffic on FPP will have a soft closure at Skinker. Traffic will be detoured north and south on Skinker. Local traffic only east of Skinker.
- East-bound traffic on FPP will have a hard closure at Des Peres Avenue. All traffic will be directed to turn left/north onto Des Peres. Neighborhood-only traffic.
- West-bound traffic on FPP will have a hard closure at Euclid Avenue, with access to Kingshighway Blvd.
Suggested Access to Forest Park During Construction
If you are visiting Forest Park from this direction during construction, we suggest the following:
- From Skinker Blvd.: Enter at Lagoon Drive/Forsyth.
- From Delmar Blvd.: Enter at DeBaliviere Blvd. or Union Blvd.
- From Kingshighway Blvd.: Enter at West Pine Blvd. and Grand Drive.
For more information, please visit this website.