Forest Park Advisory Board
The Forest Park Advisory Board (FPAB) was established by St. Louis City Ordinance 63769 on April 15, 1996 in order to provide ongoing citizen input into the implementation of the Forest Park Master Plan. FPAB has 15 voting members appointed by the Mayor and approved by the Board of Aldermen, up to 5 non-voting advisory members and 7 ex-officio members including the Parks Commissioner, the Executive Director of Forest Park Forever, the Aldermen of any ward in which any part of Forest Park is located, the Chairman of the Parks Committee of the Board of Aldermen, and the Director of the Planning & Urban Design Agency. The appointed members serve on a voluntary basis and represent an array of interests and areas of expertise in the community.
The Advisory Board’s primary role is to review Park improvement projects and monitor compliance with the Master Plan for all major park projects, both privately-funded and City-funded. FPAB is part of a larger ongoing public review process, and as such reviews each proposed project at three stages during the project’s design.
In addition, FPAB reviews and reports on Proposed Physical Changes which are, as defined in Ordinance 63769, any proposed expansion, modification, replacement, relocation, adaptive re-use or removal of existing buildings, roads, parking lots, paths, recreation areas or natural areas. FPAB determines whether the proposed physical change is significant or minor, consistent, inconsistent or not addressed by the Master Plan, and, if not addressed by the Master Plan, whether the proposed physical change is beneficial to Forest Park. The Board makes recommendations to the Director of Parks, Recreation and Forestry.
The Advisory Board generally meets the third Thursday of the month, at 4:30 p.m. in the Dennis and Judith Jones Visitor and Education Center. These meetings are open to the public. Advance notification of the meeting and agenda are posted at the door of the Parks Administration Building, south of the Jewel Box and at the Visitor and Education Center. Persons wishing to address the Board may sign up prior to the start of the meeting to do so.
For inquiries, please contact the City of St. Louis Department of Parks, Recreation and Forestry at 314.289.5310.
To visit the City's Forest Park Master Plan Implementation Site, please go here.
- Kim Haegele - Commissioner of Parks
- Kelly Harris - 17th Ward Alderman Designee
- Frank Kartmann - Forest Park Forever Executive Designee
- Heather Navarro - Ward 28 Alderman
- Alderman Scott Oglivie - 24th Ward Alderman
- Don Roe - Director of Planning and Urban Design
- Joseph Vollmer - Chairman, Parks & Environmental Matters
- David Weber - 28th Ward Alderman Designee
- Charles Arington
- Ann Liberman
- May Brown Raey
- Gary Krosch
Current Advisory Board Members
- Emily Andrews - Environmental Representative
- Tracy Boaz - Ecology and Natural Resources Representative
- Deborah Dolgin - At-Large Member
- Karen Goering - Zoo/Museum District Representative
- Stephen Ibendahl - Landscape Architecture Representative
- Anne Kasal - Lease/Permit Holders Representative
- Dennice Kowelman - Urban Design Representative
- Thomas Milford - Neighborhood Representative
- Barbara Murray - Amateur Sports Representative
- Sally Nikolajevich - At-Large Member
- Francis Oates - At-Large Member
- Kurt Odendahl – At-Large Member
- Arthur Perry - At-Large Member
- Leata Price-Land - At-Large Member
- Andrew Schwartz - At-Large Member
Current Forest Park Advisory Board Chair
2018 – Present: Gary Krosch
Past Forest Park Advisory Board Chairs
- 1996 - 2000: Joe Bergfeld
- 2001 - 2004: Jean Cowell
- 2004 - 2007: Gentry Sayad
- 2007 - 2009: Mike Murray
- 2009 - 2011: Deborah Dolgin
- 2011 - 2013: Karen Goering
- 2013 - 2015: Emily Andrews
- 2015 - 2017: Sally Nikolajevich