The Dennis & Judith Jones Visitor and Education Center
Visit this Forest Park HQ for brochures and guides, helpful staff, meeting spaces for rent, and even a café.
Originally built in 1892 as the Lindell Pavilion Streetcar shelter, the Dennis & Judith Jones Visitor and Education Center is a historically significant component of the extensive restoration of Forest Park. With its distinctive Spanish architecture and clock tower, the Visitor Center serves as a central hub for visitor information and education, and it also houses a beautiful banquet facility and meeting rooms. It is situated on the north side of the Park in close proximity to the Missouri History Museum and the Dwight Davis Tennis Center.
What Awaits You at the Visitor Center
- Forest Park Forever Offices
Need to renew your membership? Meet about a tree donation? We're here to help between 8:30 a.m.-5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday.
- Forest Perk Café
Grab a coffee or lunch at this popular spot. Breakfast and lunch served all day.
May 1–November 1: 7:00 a.m.–4:00 p.m. every day
November 1–May 1: 7:00 a.m.–2:00 p.m. Monday–Friday; 7:00 a.m.–4:00 p.m. Saturday & Sunday
Enjoy free wireless access while working inside or outside the Visitor Center.
- Free Parking
There is ample parking available in the lots located just south of the Visitor Center. This parking option provides easy access to the Forest Park Trolley (when in season) and is a reasonable walking distance to both The Muny and Missouri History Museum.
- Helpful Volunteers
Volunteers from the St. Louis Convention & Visitors Commission cheerily staff the desk here, answering questions of all kinds.
- Room Rentals
There are several rooms within the Visitor Center that are perfect for events ranging from weddings and cocktail receptions to staff retreats and business meetings. Visit this page to learn more.
- Locker Room Access
With the Visitor Center serving as a major trailhead for the dual recreational path, we offer a membership program giving access to secure locker rooms that include restrooms, showers and lockers. Visit this page for more information.
- Variety Wonderland Playground
Located just west of the building is the Dennis & Judith Jones Variety Wonderland Playground, a half-acre, state-of-the-art playground specifically designed for ALL children — able-bodied and those with disabilities.
Stop by the Visitor Center to pick up a free brochure to help you enjoy your visit to Forest Park!
- Visitors Guide & Map
- VEC Facility Rental Brochure
- Fish: At least 25 species of fish are present in the lakes and linear waterways of Forest Park.
- Insects: Learn more about insects, and identify Forest Park’s tiniest inhabitants.
- Land Birds: Lists many of the varieties of birds and indicates good locations for bird watching.
- Mammals: Helps you locate, identify, and appreciate a variety of the Park’s mammals.
- Birds: Provides descriptions and pictures of the birds that inhabit Forest Park, as well as a lesson in protecting the fragile balance of nature.
Questions? Please contact Forest Park Forever’s Facility Manager, Steve Burkhardt, by email or by calling 314.367.7275.
- Address: 5595 Grand Drive in Forest Park
St. Louis, MO 63112
- Forest Park Forever: 314.367.PARK
- Café: 314.361.4477
- Meeting Room Rentals: 314.367.7275
- Event Catering, Catering St. Louis: 314.961.7588
Summer Operating Hours
Mon.- Fri.: 6:00 a.m.-8:00 p.m.
Sat. & Sun.: 6:00 a.m.-7:00 p.m.
Winter Operating Hours
Mon.-Fri.: 6:00 a.m.-8:00 p.m.
Sat. & Sun.: 6:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m.