Originally built in 1892 as the Lindell Pavilion Streetcar shelter, the Dennis & Judith Jones Visitor and Education Center is a historically significant component of the extensive restoration of Forest Park. With its distinctive Spanish architecture and clock tower, the Visitor Center serves as a central hub for visitor information and education, and it also houses a beautiful banquet facility and meeting rooms. It is situated on the north side of the Park in close proximity to the Missouri History Museum and the Dwight Davis Tennis Center.
- Summer (3/1 - 11/30)
- Mon.- Fri.: 6:00 a.m.-8:00 p.m.
- Sat. & Sun.: 6:00 a.m.-7:00 p.m.
- Winter (12/1 - 2/29)
- Mon.-Fri.: 6:00 a.m.-8:00 p.m.
- Sat. & Sun.: 6:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m.
Visitor Center Offerings
Forest Park Forever Offices
Need to renew your membership? Meet about a tree donation? We're here to help between 8:30 a.m.-5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday.
- Forest Perk Café
Grab a coffee or lunch at this popular spot. Breakfast and lunch served all day.
May 1–November 1: 7:00 a.m.–4:00 p.m. every day
November 1–May 1: 7:00 a.m.–2:00 p.m. Monday–Friday; 7:00 a.m.–4:00 p.m. Saturday & Sunday
Enjoy free wireless internet access while working inside or outside.
- Free Parking
There is ample parking available in the lots located just south of the Visitor Center. This parking option provides easy access to the Forest Park Trolley (when in season) and is a reasonable walking distance to both The Muny and Missouri History Museum.
- Helpful Volunteers
Volunteers from the St. Louis Convention & Visitors Commission cheerily staff the desk here, answering questions of all kinds.
- Room Rentals
There are several rooms within the Visitor Center that are perfect for events ranging from weddings and cocktail receptions to staff retreats and business meetings. Visit this page to learn more.
- Locker Rooms
With the Visitor Center serving as a major trailhead for the dual recreational path, we offer a membership program giving access to secure locker rooms that include restrooms, showers and lockers. Visit this page for more information.
- Variety Wonderland Playground
Located just west of the building is the Dennis & Judith Jones Variety Wonderland Playground, a half-acre, state-of-the-art playground specifically designed for ALL children — able-bodied and those with disabilities.
- There are several ADA parking spaces in the Visitor Center lots.
- There are ADA-compliant crosswalks across Grand Drive between the Visitor Center and parking lots.
- The front of the building has an ADA-compliant ramp.
- Both front and back doors have automatic door openers installed.
- The Visitor Center is a 5-minute walk from the Forest Park–DeBaliviere MetroLink station.
- The Hampton 90 bus route travels north through the Park, stopping nearby at the History Museum.
- The Metro Forest Park Trolley operates spring-fall with stops at the Visitor Center and other popular Park destinations.
- Other Metro Buses that make stops near Forest Park include:
- The Visitor Center is situated along the Park's Dual Path, making it an easy destination for cyclists.
- Bike racks are located both in front of and behind the building.
- Water fountains are located behind the building, with a fountain and bottle filler inside.
From the north:
Travel on 1-70 East to exit 244A for Union Blvd. Turn right onto Union Blvd., traveling for about 3.5 miles until you enter the Park. Turn right onto Grand Drive. The Visitor Center will be on your right, with parking on your left.
From the south via Kingshighway Boulevard:
Travel north on Kingshighway Blvd. Turn left onto West Pine Blvd followed by a left onto Grand Drive. The Visitor Center will be on your right, with parking on your left.
From the south via I-44 and Hampton Ave:
Take I-44 to Hampton Ave. Turn right onto Hampton Ave. At the traffic circle, take the 2nd exit onto Concourse Drive. At the next traffic circle, take the 2nd exit onto Washington Drive. Turn right onto Government Drive. Turn left onto Pagoda Circle. Turn left onto Cricket Drive (parking will be on your left). Turn left onto Grand Drive. The Visitor Center will be on your right.
From the east:
Take Interstate 64/Highway 40 west to exit 36A/B Kingshighway Blvd. Turn right to travel north on Kingshighway Blvd. Turn left onto West Pine Dr. Turn left into onto Grand Drive. The Visitor Center will eventually be on your right, with parking on your left.
From the west:
Take Interstate 64/Highway 40 east to exit 33C for McCausland Ave. Turn left onto McCausland Ave. and keep left to turn onto Skinker Blvd. Turn right onto Lindell Blvd. Turn right into the Park on Cricket Drive, followed by a right onto Grand Drive. The Visitor Center will be on your right, with parking on your left.
- Address: 5595 Grand Drive in Forest Park
St. Louis, MO 63112
- Forest Park Forever: 314.367.7275
- Café: 314.961.7588 x275
- Meeting Room Rentals: 314.367.7275
- Event Catering, Catering St. Louis: 314.961.7588
- Visitors Guide & Map
Please contact Forest Park Forever’s Facility Manager Steve Burkhardt by email or by calling 314.561.3288.