Learning & Educational Opportunities in Forest Park
Nature is important to children’s development in every major way — intellectually, emotionally, socially, spiritually and physically. The many benefits of spending time outdoors, immersed in nature, continue through adulthood. With very few other “wild” spaces in metropolitan St. Louis, Forest Park Forever’s education and community outreach programs uniquely connect city residents of all ages and backgrounds with nature and foster an appreciation and understanding of the many natural and cultural wonders found within Forest Park.
Forest Park provides wonderful opportunities for educators, community groups and parents to implement formal and informal learning experiences that help children build a foundation of awareness, engagement and stewardship. Our educational programs are place-based, experiential and student focused.
INTEGRATE THE PARK INTO YOUR CLASSROOM OR EDUCATIONAL PROGRAM
For those interested in seeking out education opportunities related to the Park's fauna on their own, we are happy to provide the following digital brochures:
- Fish: At least 25 species of fish are present in the lakes and linear waterways of Forest Park.
- Insects: Learn more about insects and identify Forest Park’s tiniest inhabitants.
- Land Birds: Lists many of the varieties of birds and indicates good locations for bird watching.
- Mammals: Helps you locate, identify and appreciate a variety of the Park’s mammals.
- Birds: Provides descriptions and pictures of the birds that inhabit Forest Park, as well as a lesson in protecting the fragile balance of nature.