Fall hayrides can be enjoyed in Forest Park thanks to the City of St. Louis Department of Parks, Recreation and Forestry. Hayrides take place on Friday and Saturday evenings from early October through mid-November. The wagons, which are pulled by tractors, leave from Faulkner Drive (at Clayton Road near the Science Center) and take a 45-minute ride. The hayride ends at the picnic ground where a bonfire is waiting. Groups are welcome to bring treats for roasting, including hot dogs and marshmallows. The bonfire has a one-hour time limit.
Dates & Times
- Riders can enjoy hayrides every Friday and Saturday evening from October 6-November 18.
- There will be no hayrides November 11-12 because of the Veteran's Day holiday.
- Wagons leave each evening every 5 minutes from 7:00-8:20. These time slots are for group rides with a maximum of 20 people per wagon.
Cost & Reservations
The cost to reserve a wagon is $200, with a maximum of 20 people per wagon. Reservations are required and are taken from 9:00 a.m.-4:00 p.m. Monday through Friday by the permit section of the Parks Department, reachable at 314.289.5330. Reservations cannot be made online.
- The Parks Department will accept only a personal check or money order to reserve a wagon.
- Checks should be made payable to St. Louis City Parks, 5600 Clayton Ave., St. Louis, MO 63110.
- Electronic payments are not accepted, and there are no refunds.
- Hayride dates are not transferable and scheduled events go on rain or shine.
Please note: Hayrides are not organized by Forest Park Forever. All information provided by the Department of Parks, Recreation and Forestry. They can be reached at 314.289.5330.