From world-class cultural institutions to beautiful natural and recreational areas, Forest Park has something special in store for you, your friends and your family.

Forest Park Map (click to enlarge)

Cultural Institutions 


  • Forest Perk Café in the Visitor's Center
  • The Boathouse Restaurant
    314.367.2224, website 
  • Keagan's Restaurant at The Highlands
    314.531.7773, website 
  • Missouri History Museum Dining
    314.361.7313, website 
  • Ruthie’s Bar & Grill at the Probstein Golf Course
    314.367.1337 Ext. 234, website 
  • Saint Louis Art Museum Dining
    314.655.5490, website
  • Snowflake Cafe at Steinberg Skating Rink
    314.361.0613, website
  • St. Louis Zoo Dining
    314.781.0900, website 


  • Cabanne House
    The first brick farmhouse west of the Mississippi River, this was built in 1819. More information.
  • Dennis & Judith Jones Visitor and Education Center
    Visit our Visitor's Center page.
  • The Jewel Box
    With its unconventional, cantilevered, vertical glass walls rising majestically 50 feet high, the Jewel Box opened in 1936 to national acclaim. Truly special event and wedding space. More information.
  • World's Fair Pavilion
    This magnificent open-air shelter has been one of the Park's most popular and impressive attractions since it was built in 1909 with proceeds from the 1904 World's Fair. To check availability of the Pavilion, call 314.289.5344 between 9:00 a.m.-4:00 p.m. or visit this website.

Natural Highlights

  • Flegel Falls
    Built in the 1930s with WPA federal funding, the 75-foot waterfall known as the Cascades is named for the World’s Fair Cascades that ran down Art Hill during the fair. Located on a steep slope west of the Saint Louis Art Museum, the Cascades has been the site for everything from marriage proposals and weddings to family photos and spontaneous picnics. Renovated with a gift from the Flegel family, the Cascades are the starting place for the new Forest Park River and continue to be a popular Forest Park destination.
  • John F. Kennedy Memorial Forest 
    The Missouri Department of Conservation has installed hiking trails throughout the Kennedy Forest. The trails are destinations for bird watchers, as more than 100 species of migratory warblers have been spotted in Forest Park. 
  • Nature Reserve Prairie, Savannah & Wetlands
    Key to the Park’s Master Plan was the re-establishment and preservation of the Park’s extensive natural areas. The ultimate goal is to create a nature corridor, or “Forest Park Nature Reserve,” to maximize the Park’s ecology and positive environmental impact, natural balance, educational opportunities, wildlife habitats and aesthetics. More on these areas coming soon.
  • Pagoda Circle / Nathan Frank Bandstand
    The island in the center of Pagoda Lake was the site of the Park’s first bandstand from 1876, also called the music pagoda. The original pagoda was deemed unsafe and closed in 1911. It was damaged beyond repair by storm, the wreckage burned and was torn down around 1912. It was replaced by the Nathan Frank Bandstand in 1925. Donated by Nathan Frank, the bandstand was designed by Heffensteller, Hirsch and Watson. Pagoda Circle was restored as part of the Forest Park master plan. The landscape, designed by the firm of Oehme van Sweden, was planted by volunteers from the Flora Conservancy.

Recreation & Fun

Statues & Monuments