The construction to create a more “traditional intersection” at Forest Park Parkway (FPP) and Kingshighway Blvd. is part of a campus renewal project encompassing Barnes-Jewish Hospital, St. Louis Children's Hospital and Washington University School of Medicine. The new intersection will allow for safer pedestrian navigation and improved access to the medical center, the Central West End and Forest Park. The $10-million project is funded through a federal grant and funds from BJC and the Washington University School of Medicine.
Street Closures During Construction
Beginning Monday, December 5, 2016, a section of FPP will close for this year-long construction project. Closure locations:
- East-bound traffic on FPP will have a soft closure at Skinker. Traffic will be detoured north and south on Skinker. Local traffic only east of Skinker.
- East-bound traffic on FPP will have a hard closure at Des Peres Avenue. All traffic will be directed to turn left/north onto Des Peres. Neighborhood-only traffic.
- West-bound traffic on FPP will have a hard closure at Euclid Avenue, with access to Kingshighway Blvd.
Suggested Access to Forest Park During Construction
If you are visiting Forest Park from this direction during construction, we suggest the following:
- From Skinker Blvd.: Enter at Lagoon Drive/Forsyth.
- From Delmar Blvd.: Enter at DeBaliviere Blvd. or Union Blvd.
- From Kingshighway Blvd.: Enter at West Pine Blvd. and Grand Drive.