Forest Park Forever Funding Much-Needed Improvements to the Park's Popular Handball Courts
The handball courts in Forest Park are well-used and well-loved — and have been in need of a little TLC for quite a while. We are excited that this popular amenity will be undergoing much needed repairs beginning the week of January 16. The courts will be inaccessible for the duration of the renovations, which should take approximately 4-6 weeks to complete.
Located just behind the Dennis & Judith Jones Visitor and Education Center, the handball courts bring people together nearly every day of the year. The courts are free to play on and are available on a first-come, first-served basis. We hope these upgrades will improve the experience for regulars and newcomers alike!
Repairs will include:
- Replacing all sheeting with smooth double primed/final painted panels
- Adding roughly 3’ of asphalt to the east side
- Filling and sealing the entire asphalt perimeter
- Filling, resurfacing and re-striping all playing areas
- Installing sturdier fencing
These repairs are made possible thanks to donations to Forest Park Forever and its endowment for ongoing Park care, the expansion of which is a chief goal of our current Forever capital campaign.